This qualification is based on the national occupational standards for hairdressing and includes all the required elements to work effectively as a junior hairdresser/stylist.
Ideal for those who are looking for a change in career or want to re-train to return to work. Students can train to become a qualified Level 2 hairdresser within 20-24 weeks of our part-time course.
What does this qualification cover?
UG31G20 Ensure responsibility for actions to reduce risks to health and safety –This unit is about providing you with the knowledge,understanding and skills to be responsible for health and
safety in the work
UG21G17 Give customers a positive impression of yourself and your organisation –This unit is all about communicating with customers and giving a positive impression whenever dealing with a
customer. By doing this you will also be giving a positive
impression of your organisation and the customer service it
- UN211G7 Advise and consult with clients – The aim of this unit is to develop your knowledge and understanding of the important skill of consulting with your clients to determine their ideas and requirements. An essential part of this unit is making suitable recommendations for services and products based on this information and the results of your examination of their hair, skin and scalp.
- UN20GH8 Shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp – The aim of this unit is to develop your knowledge, understanding and skill for shampooing, conditioning and treating the hair and scalp using appropriate massage techniques and products for a variety of hair and scalp conditions. You will also learn how to advise clients on a home haircare regime.
- UN20GH9 Change Hair Colour – The aim of this unit is to develop your knowledge, understanding and skills to be able to change the hair colour using semi-permanent, quasi-permanent, permanent and lightening products. You will learn the ability to colour a full head, regrowth and the creation of highlight and low light effects. You will also learn the ability to take into account a variety of factors and any contra-indications as required.
- UN2GH12 Cut hair using basic techniques –The aim of this unit is to develop your knowledge, understanding and skills to create a variety of basic looks using club cutting, freehand, texturising and scissor over comb techniques. You are required to use these techniques to produce uniform layers, short and long graduations and one length cuts.
- UN2GH10 Style and finish hair – The aim of this unit is to develop your knowledge, understanding and skills to style hair using blow drying and finger drying techniques. You will learn how to finish hair using heated styling equipment. A high degree of manual dexterity will be required to work on different hair lengths.
- UN2GH11 Set and dress hair –The aim of this unit is to develop your knowledge, understanding and skills to use a range of setting and dressing techniques to achieve a variety of looks. You will learn how to work with a wide range of products and tools, for which a high degree of manual dexterity will be required.
UG21G18 Promote additional services or products to customers –This unit is all about your need to keep pace with new developments and to encourage your clients to take an interest in them. Clients expect more and more services or products to be offered to meet their own growing expectations. They need to be made aware of what is
available from your salon to give them a greater choice
What do I need to know before I start the course?
This qualification is open to beginners.
Where does the training take place?
The training for the NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Hairdressing are taken at our Beauty Schools based in:
Will I be required to do any home study?
Yes. As you learn your new skills, you will be required to complete practice clients and written assignments at home in preparation for your live assessments.
How many students are there in a class?
We believe in keeping the class sizes small, so students have more one 2 one time with our tutors. Our normal class size is 4.
Will I need to bring a model?
When learning your new skills, you will be working on a training Head which is provided in your kit. As you progress through your qualification, you will be required to provide your own models who meet the requirements of your final assessments. We will also make every effort to find you models
You will require your own models to do this course
Will I need to bring anything?
You will receive a kit on your Induction day which you will need to bring in with you each day. Some students find it beneficial to bring a pen and paper to make notes.
What will I achieve from the course?
You will have a practical knowledge and qualification to perform an array of hairdressing services.
Is the Course accredited?
Yes this course is approved and accredited by VTCT (NVQ/VRQ).
What if I have to cancel?
We are unable to make any refund unless there is sufficient time for us to offer the place to another student.
Duration and Delivery
Attendance is for 20 weeks once a week, plus assessment days
Course Timings: Monday 10 am to 4 pm
Price : £2200 (finance plan available)
Duration: Book now for June 2020 Enrolment (Sunday 2019/ Monday 2019)
Kit: Included in price
When purchasing a product from olympiabeautyonlinestore.com, you are purchasing from an online market place where the product is shipped directly from the manufacturer. If you're ordering from more than one manufacturer your order will be split into multiple parcels.
If you have any problems with any of your orders please contact us using the contact form and we can pass this message on to the manufacturer who will then contact you directly to resolve any problems.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
Experience DERMO28 products, the best skincare Made in Italy. Exclusive collections and professional experience, the perfect solution for a beautiful skin.
LSF Dermal Fillers
Competitively priced, high quality dermal filler and aesthetic products, delivered on-time with a fantastic 5-Star customer service x